Saturday, August 07, 2004

Spectacles



Yesterday I had
a weight lift off my shoulders
I went to a new optometrist
My eyesight has gotten progressively worse since I was 11
I worried that I would be blind when I got old
My new optometrist wants to correct my vision
He was patient and understanding and listened
He is taking me off graduated bifocals and giving me single vision lenses...

~

I am getting new glasses
Rimless with flexible purple wire
Like not having glasses
A weight off my face
Free

1 more week... will post piccy of new ones when I get

The first thing I thought of when I awoke this morning was that
soon I would see properly again
and
soon others would see me properly
without the big blue frames

Vision is such a ~wonderful~ thing.

I am grateful for it everyday.

No comments: