Sunday, August 15, 2004

Affirmation for the day... ~revelations & growth~



* Trees at Tidbinbilla National Park. Grow grow growing. *

Trees are so smart
They grow every day!

At Tidbinbilla National Park, the area was devastated by massive bushfires a year ago. To see the regrowth today is such a wonderful reminder of how horrible events can slough away the dead bits and lay bare vulnerable bits just ready for new growth....


From "Transitions ~ Prayers and Declarations for a Changing Life"
by Julia Cameron

A wonderful book that inspires me each day

"... that is what learning is.
You suddenly understand
something you've understood all your life,
but in a new way."
- Doris Lessing

A change in perception can be just as radical as turning on the lights in a darkened room.
Suddenly we see what we could not see before.
Our eyes are opened.
Our necessary path becomes clear.
Such breakthroughs into clarity can be shocking, even painful.
What I now see is an uncomfortable truth.
I must change to accommodate my unsparing viion.
I must accept what I have long denied.
In times of such poignant awakening, I must be patient and gentle with my startled self.
Clarity is the bedrock of an honest life.
That foundation is what I am building.

~

Today I gently and resolutely face different truths.
I open my eyes to facing that which I hav found unfaceable.
Remembering that sight brings insight,
I invite the sunlight of the spirit to illuminate my life."

No comments: