Sunday, August 22, 2004

middle eastern mosh memories



had wonderful tasty dinner tonight
of indian lamb curry

reminded me of sonia's 17th birthday

the amazing middle eastern banquet
with 20 of the most diverse 17 year olds

that night me and sonia danced in the rain
goddessas in the backyard

it was beautiful

***

Update... 9.55 pm Monday night

Talking to Dan again
and he laughs at this post
tells me it reminds him too
of those weird teenage days
How we sat on top of the mountain
near Sonia's place
and talked and watched a storm come over
I had forgotten but now I remember


Holy crap
and now I remember...
the next morning of the party
was my 18th birthday
Tash made me wake her up early
and we walked to the top of the morning
She couldn't remember why she had woken me
So we walked and walked for hours
Until I told her what is was she had forgotten
To "celebrate" my legality I bought her a packet of smokes
Even though I hated them

I spent my 18th birthday night in school dormitories
One week later I graduated from school
Schoolies, and then my 18th b'day party ensued
All fun, all crazy, all youth-ridden


No comments: