Thursday, December 30, 2004

The tender Reveal





Trees today.

We are all unfolding
unravelling,
We are all in the process
of becoming
Unlooping our knots
shedding outer skins
trusting the world that we can show our inner world

We drive long into the forest, and it is regenerating from a firestorm of two years ago.
Black gums, young green undergrowth.

And we push, we move against old cycles, old trends,
We open hearts and reveal wounds that no longer need to be there

We find new spaces in our self
We find new homes that we cannot own ~ wilderness in our selves, and precious wilderness in the outer world that we can only visit, and breathe in its earthly depths

We are cherished by old love,
and cherished by new love.
Those that loved me from the very first breath and before ~ my elders, my parents.
And those that love me now, in this incantation, as I breathe as a living, conscious adult.
My partner talks with my father. My two men.

And I tap the words out. Sometimes they flow like a river, other times they halt and begin like a trickling creek.


Butterfly on the path. Today.

All I know is that we are only here for a small while.
And that things are so incredibly fragile.
The human heart, and the human condition.
It is is all an unfolding, a gentle swaying reveal.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures and your prose. Browsing your journal is such a joy, especially with insights like this brings. I particularly liked the last paragraph. It reminded me so much of Dawna Markova's book, I Will Not Die An Unlived Life.

You would enjoy that book, as well as Marlene Schiwy's, Simple Days: A Journal on What Really Matters.

Anonymous said...

Oops. That was from me.

smags01
aka Joyful Dancer

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

Joyful Dancer darling,

THank you so much for your posts.

You are a precious soul.

Thank you for sharing about those books, I will most definitely look them up!

I am reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's "Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy" at the moment and it is absolutely scrumptious... pure joy!

Love,
Leonie