Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I do it for me



Painting for Deb. Today.

I just read the most sublime post by the beautiful, shining Phoenix Light ~ Leigh.
It brought tears to my eyes because it spoke of everything I've been learning of late.
I asked her if I could share it with you, and she so graciously agreed.

I do it for me

"Ya know?
I don’t do it for you; I do it for me…

When I listen without judging
When I love unconditionally
When I support you
When I give gentle advice
When I lend laughter
When I hold your hand
When I sincerely compliment you
When I lift you up
When I allow your feelings
When I respect your thoughts
When I value your existence
When I share my experience
When I share in your experience
When I appreciate your presence
When I am your friend
Or your family
Or your counsellor
Or a stranger

I don’t do it for you, though I know it must seem that way
I do it because it sits well in my soul"

~ Phoenix Light

1 comment:

Phoenix Light said...

Thank you so much Sweetie, I am so proud to see this here...in one of my favouritest places.

love to you,
Leigh