Tuesday, October 11, 2005

lake



I get home from work, change quickly and run outside. Ride fast, wanting to chase down the last golden rays. Down the road, under the bridge, past the paddocks where a large kite is flying with its owner. I end up, without thinking, by the lake.



Out onto the jetty. The beautiful "bluey-pinky" time.
I lie on my belly on the jetty. Watch how the way the lake ripples. The black swan that swims up to me, her face only a metre from me. The wind blows gently on my face. Sweet, precious ruffles in black swan's neck. I am mesmerised in the gentle beauty of the moment. I am reminded of maitri's words on gathering sense and sweetness for a lifetime.



and when i am done on my belly
i roll over and gasp at the perfect half moon.
i lie there for a long time,
four inches above the water
38 000 kms to the moon
profoundly touched by both.



i ride slowly home.
drinking it all in.

"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails."
~ Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
Gospel of Ramakrishna

3 comments:

GailNHB said...

Bicycle journeys. Life on the lake. Tales of the moon. Golden yellow all around you. Gifts from friends. Seashells and hot glue guns. You go on amazing creative journeys. Thanks for taking me along. I am well. Maya is great, learning to "do her business" outdoors very well. Such laughter she has brought into our home. Life is good. Very good. Grace and peace, Gail

thistlegirl said...

I love your adventures! :)

Anonymous said...

Sumptuously captured there sweetpea! That moon WAS super spesh last night....I'm glad you were able to soak and just be under its splendour! :)
We had dinner down at the creek last night round a little campfire & after the marshmallows had been toasted we just laid down contemplating the rainforest canopy and the heavens darkening above in glimpses.....the moonlight came down in this amazing sheet because of the drifting smoke.....it was WOW!some
Ramble finut! ;)
Love to you gel OXO
Sez