Tuesday, October 25, 2005

bare



6.12 pm this evening

The time felt ripe. A new initiation, another rite of passage.
My eyebrow ring has been a symbol of my flight into self, my blossoming spirituality, my joyful embrace of what is my own.
It has been a powerful blessing for me.
I continue this journey,
and I am stripping myself down to the bare essentials.
So I unscrewed it. Took out the beautiful blue titanium
that has adorned my face for three months now. Buried it in the garden.
Thanked it deeply for its gifts.


at 6.30pm this evening ~ 22.9 years of age

I become more like myself every day.



at 4 years of age




I took my eyebrow ring out today
and buried it into the garden
for new things to grow.
I am so grateful for this journey.


5 comments:

GailNHB said...

Leonie, what a wonderful lesson in how to release oneself from one stage in life onto another. No need to take anything on as permanent. When change is necessary, let it happen. I applaud your ceremony of removing and burying the eyebrow ring. I ought to consider what I need to remove from my own life in order for other things or relationships to grow. I am grateful for my journey - and for yours. Yeah for you! Gail

The Ten O' Clock Habit said...

JoyFunnyGigglySnort...this connectedness I have with kindred spirits. You, sweet Leonielight, I am honored to have a connection with...this too has been a season of "stripping" unneeded parts, unwanted layers...I even wrote about it very recently...

Bravo, SoulSister!

Always in Love * Light * Laughter,
Kat

boho girl said...

...and now you have a jeweled garden and a fresh elle~naturelle face. i love you, dear kindred.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this gorgeous painting of yourself, leonie! It is so delicate and beautiful!! I love the new style of drawing and painitng that is emerging from your soul!

That symbol youput on your forehead is very intriguing. Does it have a meaning I wonder? It looks almost East indian.

Samoht Kcinep Rowlf said...

From California to Australia is a long way as the crow flies. Your words have travelled far. They have made an impact on me. Thanks, gotta fly.

Samoht 9:07 am. 11/1/05
USA