Sunday, January 02, 2005

my parents left today...



Mum, me, Dad. Today at the airport. Photo by Chris.

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again

~ Chantel Krevaziuk "Leaving on a Jet Plane"

So my parents left on an airplane this morning to head back home.

I cried until about lunchtime.

I won't see them until August...

As chris reminds me though, they are only a phone call or a plane trip away.
And he reminded me too that everything in my life was a choice.

He is right.

So while I miss my parents, my family, my homeland...
I am a follower of my dreams.


2 comments:

LMB said...

Oh my dear sweet Leonie, how tender you are, how wonderfully sweet. Someone on on the MMB said that everything you touched was MAGIC and now I get to see the hands that touched YOU when you were a small one, who taught you to be so MAGICAL. I absolutely LOVE the pictures of your parents, especially their hands. I can't tell you how many times my mother has said to me, "I can barely remember my mother's hands... that is one of the biggest griefs of my life."
I'm so glad you have your parents' hands on film - and what beautiful pictures, too! I got choked up as I read through these entries.
By the way -- I like the new look! What made you change? Mountains of love to you, LM

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

Thank you darling Lisa Marie...
thank you for everything :D
And I did love my parents hands... and it felt right to write about them.
I'm so pleased you like the new look hun ~ I felt I needed to change. Yes, it was the New Year, but it was more a movement within me.
I changed it about ten times before going back to the first one I picked ;) tee hee hee
it just felt *right*
I love you to bits,
thank you for everything.

love and laughter
Leonie