Saturday, September 04, 2004

Spring!




It is the first weekend of *spring*

In celebration, I
Spent my afternoon planting herb seeds
~ chives, coriander, parsley ~
and purple window sill boxes of marigolds

My first herbs!

How beautiful to get my hands dirty
It's been a long long time since I used the thumb which is green

I then pottered about the garden
pruning the roses
and I happened across my first bloom for spring

a tiny daffodil ~ see picture above

as I was photographing the little beauty
there was a scamper across the mulch
and I was accosted by a beautiful smelly happy golden dog...



he cheerfully threw himself upon me
he was wet and dirty
and all things doggy
it was lovely!
i've missed doggy loving
~ chris says we can get one soon, maybe for xmas

so me and boz (that is what i temporarily named him)
pottered about
i doorknocked a couple of houses on the street
trying to find his owner
i eventually put him down and let him continue on his adventure
if i see him again i'll do something

the first weekend of spring
is turning out quite lovely

filled with watching plants grow ~ grow ~ spurting ~ new
and a new doggy friend

it can't get much better than that!


love love love
l

4 comments:

LMB said...

Lovely to be so earth-centered. i wish i was better at gardening. Alex and I have plants in posts but we don't take very good care of them.... sigh...

but what a treat to have such a visitor!

glad you had such a day!
Lisa Marie

Anonymous said...

You sound like a freshly ingaged chick. R U?

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

Hello Lisa Marie sweetie!

I haven't done much earthy gardening stuff since I was a weeee lil one ~ but just feel like it's *time*

I decided I wanted a herb garden ~ so I started small :)
and I pruned back a few of the existing rose bushes...

But now my head is filled with garden
and I can't wait to get back out there
it is like it lets out the wilderness in me

lovely to see you here blossom

love and laughter
leonie

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

Hi Anonymous wanderer,

Freshly engaged?
No ~ but I am madly in love with a beautiful dude :)

Thanks for stopping by,
Leonie :)