Saturday, September 25, 2004

God # 3 ~ Rebble




I can not enunciate the profound effect Rebble had on my life.

He was my first "horse" after riding a lovely pony called Dawn for a couple of years.

Rebble was my first love ~ he was a best friend, a boyfriend, a companion, a work colleague, and my spirit brother. All contained within the most beautiful chestnut gelding.

He is old now, and out to pasture...
I will not ride him again...
but when I think of him my heart swells and my eyes well

so many secrets are held within his ears
so many fears and loves and dreams i told him
as we dawdled along paddocks, i would open my heart to him
and he would listen, just listen,
in that zen, comforting way only he knew how
he took care of me in danger
even when there was snakes and attacking dogs
he would not throw me off
he held me safe on his wide back

My Rebble...
has the most beautiful coloured fur ~ it glistens like golden umber fire in the sun
his mane is the colour of pumpkin scones ~ light gold... so many endless hours with my fingers interthreaded within it

he is goofy, with a wonderful sense of humour
he is patient and gentle, and holds children on him with such care
he snores when you pat him for long enough
he loves to cut cattle
his brand has a love heart in it
he had the most wonderful canter ~ like riding on clouds
so many hours of mustering cattle and discovering creeks with him

I honour the blessing of Rebble in my life.
My first love and my dearest old friend.

No comments: