Saturday, September 25, 2004

Goddess No 1 ~ lil Leonie




Me.

Celebrating me for being me.

Thanking the little girl inside me.

Thanking my parents for nurturing her and loving her with all they could.

And for me, for taking care of her as much as I can.

Go me!

Me for being
silly but courageous
loyal and intense
passionate
artistic and thoughtful

and me for growing into
exactly what I wanted to be

Sometimes in the shower I crouch down
and me and lil Leonie have a little yack
about how we think I'm turning out
she's a determined lil one
such a dreamer
we have so much in common

Shared memories of reading until midnight ~ getting lost in books
long hot summers spent drawing and creating and seeking refuge from the heat
on a horse's back
and by a dog's side
by rivers
and in fields
We are little bush girls
tomboys but romantics

Tonight I honour the sacred little girl inside of me.

Yay for Goddess #1 ~ Lil Leonie.


No comments: