Sunday, September 05, 2004

Discoveries




Spent this afternoon in the garden again
What an amazing experience

I haven't gardened since I was a kid
helping out my mum

We've been here for a year
and I finally have the gardening bug

After planting my first herb garden yesterday
I woke up this morning thinking about gardening
it feels like the wilderness of my mind is unfurling and growing
I couldn't wait to get out among it again



I started off in the side garden
pruning back an unruly bush
as the leaves crushed it a scent was released
I ran up to the house to get my gardening book
and discovered it was a ROSEMARY bush!
Wow! I'm so proud!



I'm a proud herb discoverer!
I am over the moon about it...
Shall have to make a roast next weekend and use some of it in my cooking!



Then I played with my roses and
made the most amazing discovery
I cut open the old bulbs of roses
and it revealed the most vibrant orange
encasing seeds



Me... a burgeoning gardener...
enjoying the beauty, wilderness and lessons
found in gardens...






No comments: