Friday, September 03, 2004

Releasing




Tonight I lay in the darkness

on my bed
I had a headache
Thoughts running through my mind
I would begin feeling anxious with each nervous thought
~ that I was not performing at work as well as I could
~ that I hadn't studied enough
~ that I was behind on things
With each thought, I would feel my heart begin to race
and my headache would strengthen

and my eyebrows would pinch together

I became conscious of my thoughts and how my body was reacting
So, with each wafting anxious thought, I let it ~go~
as simple as that
I felt the fear and the worry
then let it go
It wafted away in the air

It felt so much better ~out there~
They no longer owned me
My thoughts were no longer my master

I felt so relieved when I let my worries go
The universe just accepted them and swallowed them up into its energy
And they became insignificant

Try it sometime.


No comments: