Saturday, October 02, 2004

spirit kiss




Ever since our little boy Charlie came to us
and began sleeping in our room
i have had... spirit kisses.

Each night, as I am wafting off to sleep,
in that space between awake and slumber,
I hear the patter of feet on the bed,
a wet kiss of a nose on my face,
a furry warmth pressed to my side,
then the patter away again.

I wake up, thinking ~
I should put Charlie back in his bed,
but when I open my eyes,
he is sound asleep...
and yet I am sure he was beside me.

I told Chris this morning about it.
It has happened so consistently,
and each time it is so warm and comforting.
And real.
How I think it might be Charlie's spirit
kissing me goodnight.

Chris smiled ~ and said...
I wouldn't put it past our Charlie.

Our Charlie.
Mischevious, wise, loyal, loving.
Divine and magical.
Earth angelic.


2 comments:

LMB said...

hey - that was MY spirit form coming across the continents and licking you on the face...

ok, maybe not.

SO glad you two have Charlie. He sounds so very precious - perfect for the two of you!

Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

Lisa Marie...

I just emailed you... coz this is super freaky...

but you did!

the night before last, you were with charlie!
when i awoke the next morning ~ I immediately thought ~ woo hoo! I met Lisa Marie!

freaky huh?

love you,
leonie

PS ~ you didn't lick my face though ;)