Friday, June 29, 2007

teal



Somedays I get so caught up in my head.
In comparing myself, in believing things that aren't true, in disregarding and judging and being divisive and just generally feeling a lot of soul pain. So apart from myself and apart from My Self ~ that is ~ You. All of you. Every soul on this Earth, every breathing tree, every panting dog, every swelling sea. When I am hard on myself, or hard in my thoughts about any one of You ~ I feel soul pain, because I am apart from the Great Truth of our Divine and Lovely Oneness.

(Writing that, I see that apart is a-part, so any feeling of disconnection or away from is an illusion and not the Beauty Truth.)

I decided last night that I'd had enough. That I needed - somehow - to make new brain synapse pathways instead of driving the jeep down the rutted brain thought roads of Not Good Enough Street, I Am Unloved Circuit, I Am Unseen Driveway.

So I went to sleep with meditative music playing in my ear, imagining all the angels rushing to my side just to monitor my life source.

I wake up, and somehow I can't quite fall as low as I did yesterday.
At lunch, a burly, beautiful man takes me on a walk. Past a sales bin, and there is a treasure calling my name. A gorgeous soft beanie cap (in the colour of "teal" as my New Best Friend At Work labelled it). Somehow, under its embrace, I feel safer, like my head is enveloped in Clouds of Gladness. It is my own little emblem of hope, an adornment on the altar of my body to symbolise who I am under the sky.

We move to the bookstore, and over and over books peek out at me from a woman with radiant grey eyes. She reminds me on one page that when we say we need to love ourselves more ~ it is not the truth. Because that makes the assumption is that Love is something we need to DO, and that we do not already Live in a State of Love.

I forget, sometimes, about that Love.
Please be gentle with me, World, when I forget that. It pains me just as much as you when I forget about Love. And I promise I will try to remember that we are ALL in this sway of forgetting and remembering about Ourselves and Love. Sometimes I think the crabbiest and most jaded amongst us are the ones keening for Love the most. May I always Love them.

Such small but huge things ~
a beanie, and a book,

to make things seem beautiful and My Own again.

As the sun set, I find myself giggling in the bedroom,
rolling about with a camera,
finding delight in my own gifts again.

I love you, just as I love myself, and I love what we are doing,
and I will have faith for Us as tiny as a seed and as mighty as an oak,
as much as I can from wherever I am.

With love, gentleness, magic and remembering to you ~
Leonie

8 comments:

Magicaldamselfly said...

YOU ARE LOVED!
YOU ARE LOVE!

my gift to you is a wish of pure unconditional love!

Have an awe*LOVE*inspiring weekend.

::gentle hugs::
Sheila

PixieDust said...

Love the hat, love the words, love your freedom, openness, and love of life! Love your ability to allow the world to speak to you, and guide you away from self doubt.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Leonie, your description of your soul pain and the gentle process of observing it and then setting out to relieve it - it is beautifully rendered. As always. And such a common experience. I am always glad to hear and watch someone else, someone I respect and admire and love, work through the pain. And come out on the other side. Tenderly, gently, lovingly. You are wondrous, Leonie, delightful, colorful, open, vulnerable, and an inspiration to me. Every time I open your blog, I am refreshed and renewed. Thank you. Peace to you on your journey - Gail

PS. Today, Steve and I celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. We are going out to a divine dinner with the children tonight. Sixteen Candles!

meghan said...

Such softness... in the picture and in your words. I hope that you are gentle with yourself. You deserve it!!

p.s. I am jealous of your cap!

inkberryblue said...

Leonie,
This post really struck a chord with me...you unearth little shining jewels of truth when you write. Thank you.Thanks, too, for coming to visit my blog and seeing me.
Blessings to you.
x

ADreamingOne said...

Thank you for sharing your pain with us. I too have felt a pain in my soul that seemed untouchable.

After too many years of being told lies about myself and the world I live in, I am just starting to find my connection with the world and feel for the first time the love that has always been around me, but that I couldn't see. Myself doubt and hatred are still louder than the voices of love in and around me, but that is changing with the help of the great spirit and people like you.

Your pain truly is my pain, and your joy truly is my joy.

Blessed be Goddess!!

daisies said...

you are loved ... i am loved ... i adore this delicious post!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

oh leeee. byron katie was a little mini messiah for me. just what i needed to hear so i could stop buying the lie when i fell into a shadow...i'm so glad you found her.
i love your teal hat. me too. when i want to change something about how i experience me and my world, a new hat always finds me. so often they are blue.
we are so connected and you are so loveable. just because you are you. not because of what you do.

HEART squeeze, p