Monday, May 07, 2007

Hello, dream coming true




When I was 16, one of my favourite places was a beautiful bookstore named The Sanctuary. Quite the perfect name for that Nag Champa scented haven, really. I would curl up in the green director chairs there, letting my fingers wander over the book friends there. Perfectly positioned by the chairs was a panoply (quite literally: a splendid array) of SARK books.

Finding SARK was like finding home. A friend, a teacher, a kindred spirit. Her books were a place to sleep in, to find absolute faith in my own rainbow soul. Susan, over the years since, has become like a lighthouse for me, shining her light to the sea so I could cast my own sails and shine my own beacon light.

Today, a brown box from Amazon arrived. This is an incident which, in itself, creates a great amount of joy, but today was an Extra Special Amazon Delivery Day. I stuffed the box into my bag and bicycled home as fast as these little Amazon legs would take me. Once at home, I setup a picnic in the backyard for me and Charlie, with celebration Aloe juice at the ready.



Welcome home, Fabulous Friendship Festival.

So we read that book together, there in the backyard on a warm May afternoon, witnessing a dream being birthed into the world.

When I was sixteen, could I have ever dreamed that my name would be in a SARK book? That my dog would be a friend of this soul~lighthouse?

Somewhere, sometime, sleeping in the moonbeams, I must have dreamt this awake.

This Universe is one big Miracle unfolding, and I feel greatly blessed.

Dream High, Big and Wide,
Leonie





It reads:
My dog friend Charlie lives in Australia with Leonie and her partner. We've never met in person, but as soon as I saw his photo, I knew we were friends.



Sometimes Charlies and friendships and SARKS make this whole world go round. Make that all the time.

Off to bed now ~
Charlie is in need of some feet to sleep on.

20 comments:

::Bek Geach:: said...

I am SO *PROUD* of you... so happy *FOR* you and so estactic to hear this news from you....

Wonderful wonderful wonderful *you*

(hugs and love)
Bx

::Bek Geach:: said...

Ooh and BTW hottie.. you've been tagged:

http://rebeccageach.blogspot.com/2007/05/completely-random.html

Sorry!!! Lame arse I am! *grin*
Bx

::Bek Geach:: said...

SO HAPPY AND PROUD FOR AND OF YOU.
Seriously Goddess... wonderful.

Deep contented sigh.
Big squeezy hug!
Bx

liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh this made me cry...
my copy ordered from amazon just came this weekend...and i cannot wait to open it up and read it...and now i will smile wide when i see your name dear one.

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oh leonie how fabulous! i am celebrating your dream come true right along with you! yeah!!!!

Mercer's Daughter said...

Hello from Victoria of MercersDaughter.blogspot.com.
I live in Ohio (America).
A fellow Scorpian, too.
This weekend I had sometime to look through some of my fav books which include SARK. I really, really felt a kindred spirit with her too and besides that, her books make me laugh and encourage me to lighten up!
I forget how I came across your blog, but it's really sweet and I think you must be a kind soul.
It amazes me I am writing to somebody in Austrailia!
I'm sort of new to blogging and just started my own. (Mercer is my grandmother's maiden name.)
Feel free to write me if you ever would like to. I stay home most of the time. I live in a rural area and spend my days trying to balance my housework with my studio work. I am a mixed media artist, and I sew, too.
We have a vacation home in a very remote area in the southern part of Ohio where I spend most weekends. We will probably live there when my husband retires.
It's a beautiful sunny day here, I hope it is nice where you are too.
Blessings,
Victoria
ps. I almost forgot! Congrats your blog got in one of Sark's books!!!! Is this a new book out? Must be. If so, gotta get it.

Mindy said...

sending you hugs of congrats for coming fuul circle in this way! thank you for inspiring me to dream BIG! xo, mindy

SonyaMadden said...

That is sooo darn coool!!! And of course your photos have just increased my pang of want for this book! C'mon fedex....bring that book to me now, lol!

xxoo

P.S.You are my famous friend, hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, Leonie. May you have many spirit and virtual visits to your blog and to you life. Dance on, travel mate, dance on! Peace, Gail

Anonymous said...

This is very exciting news!
Kudos to you (and Charlie).
SARK and mmb has rocked my world!
My little brown box from Amazon should be here any day now!!
Weeeeeeee!!
Those pics are fabulous!!!

Shell said...

I adore Sark. I think I discovered her books when I was in my early twenties. I pick them up when I feel life is slipping into a downward spiral. She makes me realise that there is beauty and joy all around and that struggle is necessary to appreciate happiness.

Congrats to you and Charlie, it's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I got my copy the day it came out and when I got to that part about Charlie and you, I actually squealed with delight and thought "I wonder if she knows yet?"

I knew you would be SO excited!
Congrats to you and Charlie

Love Melissa

Jocelyn in Wonderland said...

Congrats Leonie that is wonderful! Thank you for sharing your dream accomplishment with us all. I always enjoy the positive energy your blogging puts out into the world. Thank you!

In love and light,
Jocelyn

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and smart too.

I think you should buy him doggie glasses

Toni said...

This is gorgeous!

boho girl said...

my eyes just watered big time.

honey...this is indeed a dream come true. you are magic.

xoxox congrats Loney.

Books and Tea For Two said...

You may want to order books from the bookdepository.co.uk. I too am Australian and get all my Sark-y stuff from there - free postage and much cheaper!

Amanda said...

that is so amazing....
i am sharing your joy and happiness reading this post!
YAY!!!!!!

Colorsonmymind said...

Oh Leonie-

happy happy joy joy!

I am doing a dance for you my sweet.

I was just introduced to SARK this year and boy did I fall hard for her comforting words and enlightened insight.

Hugs and much love to you

Alessandra Cave said...

But I'm not surprised at all! :D
You and Susan have the same radiant smile and bright soul! Congratulations!