Saturday, January 27, 2007

the imaginary life of a cowgirl



At the moment I am working my way through The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.
One of the exercises is to write a list of your Imaginary Lives ~ I did the above journal page as my answer. One of the lives on my list is "Cowgirl" ~ I grew up as a cowgirl on my parent's cattle farm, and have been riding horses since I was 2... but now, living three states away from the farm and in suburbia, the life of a cowgirl seems much further away.

Next on the Artists Way list ~ you had to do one small thing this week to move towards one of your Imaginary Lives.

I didn't really have any idea of what I would do. I had vague thoughts of going for a sunset bikeride or paint a painting for one of my other imaginary lives.

We were out having lunch today with my love's family, and I wandered into a hat store. And there on the first shelf was the most perfect cowgirl hat. Turquoise of course.

And what's the first thing a cowgirl needs?

Her hat.



I feel quite strangely liberated,
giggling as I write this in my cowgirl's hat for a turquoise goddess.

You smell so good,
Leonie

8 comments:

Vivienne said...

Lovin' the sign-off compliments Leonie,
and of course, the hat that matches the sky!

Dawn said...

I'm in love with your journal page.

Amazing!

Shine on Cowgirl :)

Anonymous said...

I love Julia Cameron and have painted a quote of hers on my living room wall.
And I love your journal page!
And of course, no one could ever pull off wearing a turquiose cowgirl hat like you!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Leonie ~
Your journal pages are gorgeous! Those colors all crowded together in an explosion of art. Fabulous! And I think a turquoise cowgirl hat fits you perfectly.

Best Wishes,
Chris

Brandi Reynolds said...

rock on cowgirly!!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I just found your blog through Boho. I just started the Artist's Way, for the umpteenth time, and am in awe of your journal. It's fun, inspiring and makes me happy just looking at it.

Beautiful Hat too, perfect for a turquoise goddess!

Smooches...

liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is fantastic! i got little tears of joy as i read this (hmmm...note to self: might still need to catch up on more sleep as you get emotional at everything lately). i LOVE the hat! perfect!!!

::Bek Geach:: said...

You are so beautiful.
I loves your hat almost as much as I loves you!
Bx