Monday, January 22, 2007

i only wanted to begin


smiling at the sun, christmas 2005


"and while you wonder
how's this gonna end
i only wanted to begin"

~ ben lee, begin
(from the brilliant album "awake is the new sleep"



I listen to these words
and I think
What if?
What if I'm spending all my time thinking about what I need and want to be happy ~
I'm thinking I'm Not Here until I'm The Artist, The Book Author, The Photographer, The Book Touring Retreat Giving Workshop Goddess.
And I'm wondering about how it will all end,
When the real delight, the real truth,
Is that I Just Wanted to Be Here,
and I Just Wanted To Be Me.

And this Earth journey,
it's the biggest trip,
the greatest discovery,
so long and obtuse and curvy,
that sometimes I forget I'm here for an adventure
and that being here
is what I really wanted.

love,
Leonie

P.S. I know it's true because when I say:
Being here
is what I really wanted
a little part of me soars and spins with delight.

8 comments:

Ash said...

Beautiful....as always!

Anonymous said...

oh I love this,
it is the journey and we have to remember the joy everyday not just one day,luv donn

Julia said...

Easy to forget sometimes, that each moment is a blessing, each minute is its own adventure...sometimes the future gleams with possibility..our now glitters with absolute abundance.

Your journey is beautiful.

meghan said...

This was exactly, perfectly what I needed to find here today. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Anonymous said...

I just recently started reading your blog, and I wanted to compliment you on your wonderful writing skills. I look forward to every new post :-)

Anonymous said...

Wise words Leonie.
"It's not the destination...it's the (Turquoise) journey...enjoy the ride!"
Here's my morning meditation..Each day when I awake, I can appreciate the fact that I am alive, that I have another day to work towards my goals. I can remind myself that this life is rare and precious and I'd like to make the best use of it while I have the opportunity.
peace, barefoot

Anonymous said...

That's HUGe, missTHANG+
Them sounds like =weddin'= Words to ME
000000000000=00000000000

delia~who fLYsssssss

Anonymous said...

I smile every time I listen to Ben's cd. It really IS that good. :D

And those chosen lyrics:
"and while you wonder
how's this gonna end
i only wanted to begin"
I see them as a great little mantra to get back into the moment. A quick and potent reminder about who I really am for those times when I forget...