Tuesday, January 23, 2007

altered book of one day

The precious creation~goddess Penelope set the challenge to document your average day using snapshots, then printing out to put in an album in chronological order.

I took to the task with muchos gusto, choosing my special and well recorded day to be Sunday. It wasn't a particularly average day, but I'm grateful I documented it anyway. My love's wonderful parents are here visiting us, we are on holidays and are using this as our "Christmas" break instead. Insert large boxes of chocolates, vast consumption of books and flagrant overuse of lounging...

After reading a book on creating altered books a few days ago, I decided to make my photo album an ancient French textbook we found in an op-shop years ago in my hometown (I know who the schoolboy owner is {the joys of being a smalltown homegirl} ~ he is in his seventies now).

It was wonderful to play in a new style this afternoon ~ crossover photography/scrapbooking/collage/mixed media, all set within the yellow pages of an old book beauty.

enJOY!































did you get that all?

awakening, my dog,
outside to connect with earth and meditate
breakfast, reading,
talking, connecting,
drawing, morning pages,
emailing, lunch making,
watching a 6ixDegrees doco on India {oh land of my heart},
adorning myself in goddess wear (turquoise, flowing skirt, bellydancing belt, wild hair),
a chakra goddess playshop with aromatherapy,
a dinner party with my love's family,
watching "so you think you can dance" {not so guilty pleasure}
comet gazing ~ seeing the huge and wonderous Comet McNaught on our horizon,
internet playing, goddess notes read~over
then ~ finally
slumber
and a journey into the dreaming,


yep, that's a pretty awesome day...
and it is all the more beautiful for having been seen.

with love and light,
Leonie

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

in awe of your talents and ability to make something so original, so beautiful.
visiting your inspiring blog is quickly becoming part of my morning routine, with my pot of green tea.
Keep creating!
barefoot

Julia said...

thank you for sharing your wonderful book! Love it!

boho girl said...

wow...this is fabulous Loney!!!

such gorgeousness
and creative lovelyness.

i am inspired.

xo

nina beana said...

this was the most amazing thing ever, and it totally just inspired me to get off my fanny, get away from this stinkin' computer, and go CREATE and LIVE.

thank you for always nourishing my soul...you are my soul's massage therapist :)

xo

Anonymous said...

that is an awesome day indeed! thanks for sharing it with me :)

and thank-you a million times for the CD. i smile every time i listen to it and laughed the first time i heard many of the songs, as they are ones that i love too.

blessings and laughter to you for your holidays

Toni said...

That is simply GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

oh ponie girl you just know how to be a wonderful, inspiring artist...love donn

Brandi Reynolds said...

making everyday moments sacred. i totally get it. LOVE you.

Anonymous said...

You are so bloody mother effing talented, it's crazy.

Love to you, sweetie pie.

Swirling in the hay with the piggies,

Knox

Anonymous said...

You are so bloody effing crazy talented.

I adore you.

Swirling in hay with the piggies and goats,

Knoxy

Shell said...

Bloody Brilliant!!!! Your creative energy is so contagious!

Anonymous said...

W O W!!

i am SOOOOOO inspired by your little book!!!!!! i love altered books and i loved peeking into yours!

dearest leonie you bring such great gifts to the world!

xo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, quirky, curly, lovely, soulful, wonderful work!!
Thank you for sharing this.
vermilion x

Colorsonmymind said...

Oh Leonie
this book is a magical delight.
The pictures are fabulous-I love the one where your hand is touching the field and the one with your toes and then the morning page with the flipped growing shoots.

All of it is so beautiful.

Loved seeing it.

Love to you

GailNHB said...

Wow, wow, wow. Beautiful, colorful, fancy-full, wonder-full. Thanks for sharing that book, Leonie. What an inspirational and motivational work of art. What's holding me back???

You are the best, Gail

Alessandra Cave said...

How fun and beautiful! Thanks for the lovely pictures of your journal... They made me smile and dream!

Colin said...

Oh, that is megafantastico! I wrote an article on altered books a while back, and found it fascinating what a wealth of possibilities could be bound between two covers.

I always meant to do more altering of my own, but hadn't been too inspired until now -- your book is amazing!

::Bek Geach:: said...

Thats beautiful Leones... I think I saw that book in Woden Angus and Robertson... very yummy indeed.

I love your take on it.
Bx

Lori said...

A woman after my own heart! I love your altered book!

loveya, Lori (bluma)

liz elayne lamoreux said...

wow. wow. wow.
you have taken this "assignment" and made it your own. it is incredible. i saw this on penelope's site and have been meaning to do it.
i will do it now. you have given me the shove (in the nicest of ways) i need.

you invite such happiness. thank you. thank you. thank you.