Monday, June 05, 2006

moment.

we sit at the kitchen table
four of us, me, lover, father, mother,
drinking tea, eating biscuits and hommus
reading the paper
talking about little things

tonight i take my mother to womens circle
yesterday they helped me make fairy bread for my exhibition opening
last night i watched a duets singing competition with my daddy
we've been shopping for caravans and cameras
and playing games with my dog.

all these little things
and if i began to tell you of the big things,
it would be wordless
so for now, just little words of the little things that matter.

3 comments:

Amber said...

how wonderful to take your mom to womans circle... isn't it great when parents are open to new ideas?

have a good time!

Phoenix Light said...

all these little things
and if i began to tell you of the big things,
it would be wordless
so for now, just little words of the little things that matter

I just love this
and I just love you
I did think of your day on Sunday
I thought of you and I sent love and admiration and blessings to you.
What a true blessing for you to have your parents there. And even more of a blessing for them, their hearts must be so FULL to be with you and to be a part of your sharing with the world.

Loving you and loving where you're at sis,
Nixie

GailNHB said...

So how was the opening? How are you opening up these days? In beauty, joy, grace, laughter, and in the circle of loved ones??? I hope and pray that you are well. I certainly am. Gail