Monday, June 26, 2006

dance.


ellen

i hope you know in your life
what it is to dance
because your body calls you
to express in movement
your joy, your tribalism, your anger, your energy, your life.



may you dance in the desert
and by the ocean
in your living room
with and without your lover
with and without your dog
with and without your self
in the sun and by starlight
right where you are right now
may you dance into yourself

and find your belonging your breath your beat



i hope you know how to dance by clapping sticks, clapping hands, the haunt of a wooden flute, the gentle humming thud of gaia's heart.

i hope you dance...


{get inspired by the remarkable Winter of the Dance}
{listen to a fave song of mine "i hope you dance"}

6 comments:

boho girl said...

my breath was stolen from me at first glance of these photos.

geez, you rock as a photographer my dear!!

these women felt free in your presence and creativity. i feel as though i was there, watching them dance in the desert.

gorgeous.

xoxoxo!

Felix Chai said...

Oh my! I immediately fell in love with the desert! You truly are a goddess! Envy is beating in my heart right now!
I love to dance even though I was out of shape! (^@^)ha...
Your art brings inspiration!...TQ

Arts of life(c:

GailNHB said...

Such beauty, music, dance, freedom. I love the photo of the red sand in your hand. What a marvelous color. What a marvelous account of your time away. Keep on teaching us and showing us and sharing with us, Leonie. I'm loving it! Dance on, Gail

Dee Temple said...

this:>>>> may you dance INTO your self
find your Breath, your Belonging, your Beat.

+beautiful. just so crisp+

I didn't understand the last email you sent me!
Hunh ?
d=====

Susannah Conway said...

WOW! these are amazing photos.. ooh, they made me feel all shivery with the power - i would pay good money for you to come to the UK and take such incredible pics of me - unfortunately i am skint, but one can always dream.. :-) hugs to you sweetheart
x

Anonymous said...

Leonie
I saw your luscious creativities at the Blue roof Gallery, they were hanging on the wall. but what i felt and have felt since was so much more. in coming to your site,and coming back and reading and sharing, i realised what it was. you shining your light.so openly, honestly and lightly. and us, those around you, being balmed by it, held by it, inspired by it. thank you for what you are doing, thank you for showing me how to step into the purpose we each have in life, joyfully and fully...
blessings to you spirit woman,
jackie