Sunday, June 25, 2006

desert dancer



the desert was a miracle.

the red sand beneath my feet, patterning my clothes.
the beautiful landscape and HER palpable heart beat.
the new friends.
the big spirit lessons.
the connecting with my lover in incredible new ways.



i left my skin somewhere out there in the desert.
tears spring to my eyes as i write this.
yes, my skin. my old skin.
i dreamt it out of me, i wrote it out of me, i spoke it out of me, i meditated it out of me.
i grieved her a little,
and i celebrated her a lot more.



i danced in the dunes.
i emu danced and i rainbow-serpent danced.
i danced in the rock caves of the world's largest monolith.
i drank in sunsets and sunrises and stargazed every night.
i saw angels and cosmic heartbeats and shooting stars.
i marvelled and i sang and i learned and i heard.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

i am restless for the desert dunes,
the true heartlands.
i want you back like a babe misses the womb,
and yet i know i am to grow without you for now,
but within me is the desert. i know the desert in me now.
i know the woman who dances in the desert.



buffalo in the desert,
walking her lessons through.

be blessed,
Leonie

6 comments:

boho girl said...

oh loney,
this sent amazing chills all over my body. dear desert dancer...you are forever altered in beautiful ways.

i'd love to hear more of your time spent there. keep writing...

you
are
inspiring
poetic
graceful
spirited
wise

so much more.

i love you tender.
deni xoxoxo

ps. your affirmations gave me peaceful dreams last night. yours are always so powerful to me. thank you...

Phoenix Light said...

I have been thinking of you Honey, Thank you for sharing this with us....with the world....I am moved beyond words, so beautiful.

I have tears feeling what you write of this.

I love you deeply, I love the way you love *you* deeply....and I just love the way you are with your journey....deep...

Deep-journeying heart-sister, I love that I glimpsed the buffalo bracelet in the heart of the desert.

*happy sigh*

SonyaMadden said...

Welcome back to us buffalo woman :)

xxxx

Anonymous said...

when I saw the Desert Dancer picture
the Afghan lady on the front of National Geographic came to mind.
Remember that one?
wide eyed, wild eyed, spirited, mysterious, intense, one with Mother Gaia

i'm glad you jumped at the opportunity with your lover. it seemed like a lot came out!

blessed be, jt

::Bek Geach:: said...

Welcome back bella.
I am so happy that you had such a marvellous experience on your desert adventure.
Bx

LMB said...

i've never seen sand that red in my life! what an experience! Then again, you NEVER have ordinary experiences and that's what I love about you.