Friday, June 09, 2006

me and he.


me and he, photo by my rocking bus buddy james

It was late at night on the open road,

Speeding like a man on the run,

A lifetime spent preparing for the journey;



He is closer now and the search is on,

Reading from a map in the mind,

Yes there's the ragged hill,

And there's the boat on the river.

~ chris de burgh, don't pay the ferryman

at the moment i feel a little bit like the wind has gone from my sails

and i sense that the direction's about to change
and i'm not sure what beautiful oceans i'll be exploring next

but i do know when i look at you
~ i mean really look at you and into you ~
it all seems clear

i sense the ocean lives in you
and mountains too
and in that big heart of yours
you hold me carefully.

i'm not sure where exactly we are going,
i just know we have to go there
and we go there
together.

love,
leonie


have i met you somewhere before?


3 comments:

GailNHB said...

May your journey be all that you hope and dream it will be. May you always greet life's adventures with Chris at your side. You are fortunate to have found each other. I wish you traveling mercies, my friend. Gail

Phoenix Light said...

holy crapola Loney, those are some beautiful, beautiful words...like I know they always are but Wow!!!!

You totally, completely and utterly moved my soul just then...

I soooooooooooooo love the way you love....

boho girl said...

mmmmm...beautiful journey you two are on.

loney & chris forever.

xoxo,
deni

ps. gorgeous peeps you!