Tuesday, April 04, 2006

can you hear the sound of wings


me and nixie
{photo by lilith}

can you hear the sound of wings,
of hearts soaring,
bodies dancing,
voices singing, speaking, sharing,
DARING to be all of us:
the weepy, the courageous, the vulnerable, the strong,
the silly, the sublime, the divine, the empowered.

how do i share of a goddess retreat?

there were more than a dozen of us, all united by our love of sark-ulence.

i miss them,
but they are not missing.

there in me lies a rainbow of images:
the ocean and the inga and the rainforest and the backyard.

the darkness of night setting as light shone from every single one of us in our twilight ritual.

i miss sitting on the verandah at 2am in the freezing cold to hear nixie's life story. i miss going to sleep next to sonja, giggling and whispering, getting uncy legion to tuck us in, and raven singing us lullabies. i miss my big girls boggers {who staged the intervention and stole them?}. i miss being curled up on the couch in a love bundle of calipops, sg and nixie. i miss the card readings. i miss eating dessert for breakfast. i miss dancing like crazy wonderful freaks at 2pm. i miss walking in the rainforest with each of you and seeing the owl and the water and the mist. i miss eating fudge with a spoon and photographing you all as goddesses.

i miss pg's embrace like a motherly goddess, planting kisses on my face and calling me beautiful girl. i miss uncy furry and his hugging toll and all of him in his his~ness. i miss praxis, lilith, green eyed forest nymph in her vulnerability and innocence and openness and beauty. i miss sweet amarlia's face, those blue ocean sky eyes so wide, the readiness and the moment~living in all she embodied, earth maiden~mama goddess. i miss paige, the soul of lizard, sweet, precious, warm, open, chanting, deeply beautiful paige. i miss sg and her ding dang gorgeousness ~ funny, wise, loving, naughty, card reading, marvellous brooch wearing goddess. i miss calipops raspy, sweet voice and the way she held me when i needed it. i miss nixie, goddess i miss nixie, i see her face and voice in the ones around me now, and i know i have learned deeply from this woman. i miss rikki, marika, she of the mermaid hair who evokes avalon and priestess and ethereal woman as we photographed her, sweet sweet soul. i miss tanishka, beautiful scorpee medicine woman sister, and her divine gifts and laugh and springy hair. i miss rav & legion, they of the loving of ages couple. i miss elke, my twin, my blond haired, blue eyed, turquoise and lavendar wearing, artistic, photographer, horse loving sister, she of the sweet, wise, deep soul kind. i miss sone and her laugh and curling up with her and stroking her hair and just be~ing with my friend. i miss my svedish alter ego inga, because let's face it, she's a dingdang hoot.

i miss all of this, but it is not apart from me. it is IN me now, and will forever resound there. the lessons, the blessings, the dreams, the memories.

i thank you deeply for your gifts. they adorn my wrists, my ankles, my mouth, my heart, my spirit sings for you and of you.

love,
leonie

2 comments:

boho girl said...

this made me well up with tears.

tears of joy for you.

wow, the power of goddesses gathering and the love that resonates thru each of you.

simply beautiful.

LMB said...

oh sweetheart, it sounds so divine. I so wish I could have been there.