Monday, February 06, 2006

What is deeply satisfying to me...

Image hosting by Photobucket

... this tiny little drip on the edge of a painting.
... watching the clock change all four spaces - it happens four times a day. from 9:59 to 10:00, then 12:59 to 1:00. i have been deeply satisfied watching this transition ever since I was a kid.
... the indian swirls on my skirt
... thick black journals
... writing on two sides of my journal pages
... lowering the qi in tai chi, and doing those funny arm windmill things
... the knowing that the only opinion that counts is your own
... each night for the last week going to bed exhausted. feeling i had served my purpose for the day. feeling like a warm, worn vessel that is filled with coloured milk each morning, and i spend each day spill, spill, spilling it onto paper. a good kind of exhaustion. knowing that i have LIVED.
... rediscovering what is deeply satisfying to me.

3 comments:

boho girl said...

it is deeply satisfying to me to know you are deeply satisfied.

i love you.

and i *love* that purple drop...

SonyaMadden said...

Helloooooooo :)

Back from a horrible trip to the parents place...but wanted to say i totally DIG the drip!!

At uni, we use to do whole assignments just on dripped paint...lol!

xxx

Jill said...

I love the drip too! This is a wonderful post :)