Tuesday, February 28, 2006

those who howl find their tribe...



i see you dancing in your own divinity


the words.

they don't fill the space here in my heart that i hold for you.
and they don't need to.

last night i met you.
you, my new tribe of women, the new circle.
meeting you was more like remembering you.

did you hear the howl i howled outloud in my studio for you?
i howled for all the women who were searching for their circle.
i think that howl may have been for me too,
because in your presence
i feel the flight of birds.

in each of you, i see a goddess.
stronger than ever before i see venus, athena, maat,
goddesses i do not know the name of yet,
but in this life they are yours.

as i smudged each of you, in my turquoise skirt, holding my smoking sage, i felt like a goddess sister deborah in the temple; but this time i was a sister in the temple of debra.

i thought of you all day today.
it surprises me ~ and it doesn't surprise me.

in the hugs, i found the question:
how is it i know you?
but the answer is not simple.
i only know that i do. and that i have before.

i can only explain that we are all droplets of the ocean,
and as i deepen my understanding of this,
i find others who reflect me.
who feel like home.

i am in awe of each of you:
your beauty
your sharing
your big beautiful hearts
your BRAVEry
your opening

i witness the miracles of souls opening
and feel deeply blessed.

blessed be,
Leonie


4 comments:

Swirly said...

Absolutely beautiful. I shared an extraordinary weekend with eight of my creative soulmates last month, and your words really captured the magic of that experience. I'm so happy for you to be a part of this circle

boho girl said...

beautiful.

i know this circle is sacred...thank you for sharing it with all of us.

love to you.

pinkcoyote said...

how strange that i have found you today. i always see your name at the familiars but i have never come...
i already adore you, your words, your dog, your earth mama goddesses...

*dreamily mystified*

pixie

The Ten O' Clock Habit said...

oh.my.good.god.goddess...and all the divinity combined!!!

Leonielight, you are freaking me out just now. There was an actual HOWL in the corridor last night. It was so loud that my 5 year old who was busy drawing came over to me and said "What was that, Mom?" Yes, goosepimples is the word to insert here.

On a dif. note, YAY! for your website coming back on line. Whew! I've missed you for a few days and was getting really pouty about the "bandwith exceeded" message everytime I dropped in.

Can I just say I just love ya and feel so connected to you, sistergirl!

AWOOOOOOOOOOH, back atcha!

Kat