Sunday, January 15, 2006

c e l e b r a t e good times!



you know when you have the big dreams in your heart?
the ones since childhood that you don't really talk about.
it's sacred to you ~ as sweet to your mind as tea to your lips.
you don't share it too much. you just wait it out, see what happens... but inside you know this dream is a someday not a maybe?


i had a dream that i didn't even put on my things to do this life list.
i thought it was off in the future somewhere, not right here in the present.

last week i serendipitously fell upon the webpage of a gallery i had been to before. I even wrote about finding the gallery {also serendipitously} a year ago. it is a gorgeous little blue roofed gallery in a small community a ten minutes drive from here.
i noticed last week they were looking for artists to exhibit. so i thought... wells? why not?
so i emailed them. i went out and sat in the sun drinking peppermint tea with the gallery owner today.

result?
in a couple of months i will be having my very own exhibition there for six weeks.

hello sacred, secret, special dream of mine.
so nice to be with you at last.



5 comments:

thistlegirl said...

Leonie!

This is wonderful! amazing! brave! news!!

Oh how I wish I was closer, just so I could help you celebrate this wonderful dream come true!

:)

boho girl said...

I *CELEBRATE* wonderous you today...and everyday, really.

I am so stoked for you. This is crazy~beautiful news!

As I said to you earlier...I am not that surprised because, well...you've got your mojo goin' on girrrl.

You are a brilliant A R T I S T.

Vivienne said...

Leonie
Your post got me all teary eyed. What a sacred precious gem of a dream that is now realized.
You are deserving of this success.

GailNHB said...

That is so amazingly cool, Leonie. All these hours, days, months, and years of artwork, all the doodles, all the paintings, all the commissions, all the journaling, all the photos - it's all paying off for you. Congrats. Enjoy. You must be thrilled. Please keep us up to date as to how all the preparations are going. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs and kisses, Gail

Dee Temple said...

they are both great, but I am Adoring the TOP pic the mostest.

I'm LOVing the computer generated--that's what they are Right ?---pieces you're doing. Great. and it looks like yOU are too.