Monday, September 19, 2005

Happy Birthday Lile...


It was my dear friend Lile's birthday yesterday.
I love her muchos {but not as muchos as Argentinian inflation}, and I just know she'll grin and say YOU CHEEKY MONKEY when I wish her the BEST 29th BIRTHDAY EVER!

To celebrate, we had a picnic in the park,
which lasted 10 glorious minutes.
Those ten glorious minutes were spent opening presents,
doing a PLEASE DON'T RAIN DANCE,
making rainhats out of plastic bags (as delightfully modelled by andrea below)
before relinquishing our control of the weather,
and walking back to work in the pouring rain, giggling madly as we hid under our picnic blanket.


we couldn't have made better magic if we tried.

happy birthday lile~pilly.
may all your answered prayers arrive on rainbow wings and bearing belgian truffles.

love,
Leonie

1 comment:

GailNHB said...

Please do a "send the rain to Charlotte" dance as we haven't had rain in weeks...

I nearly drove off the road this past Saturday morning. I was heading to an early morning gathering with friends to pray for the state of our nation and our world - and on the way, I saw a full moon that was spectacular. Round. Inviting. Low enough to touch. Such true beauty. I should have stayed there in the sight of the full moon instead of rushing along my way. Wouldn't that have been a wonderful time of prayer and meditation in the moonlight???

Thanks for reminding me of the joy of rainbows as well. I saw a double rainbow once here in Charlotte that made me open my car windows and shout out praise and awe. Kristiana and I still talk and laugh about that crazy car ride. And there was another double rainbow in Bologna, Italy once when I was by myself, feeling a little lonely, and waiting for a friend. At the end of the lower rainbow was a beautiful church. I wandered inside, sat down on a bench, wrote in my journal, and wept for joy. Once again, I had been lured in by peace and comfort.

Thank you for reminding me of those times of awe at Creation and gratitude to the Creator, Gail