Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Where it matters



I'm trying to find the balance between studio time and internet time.
I often find my energy getting swept away in what everyone else is doing, and what everyone else is thinking, with very little of my own intentions being manifested, and my own creations being drunk in, revelled in, birthed.

Ahh, balance, that dastardly thing, that thing I have tosselled with most of my life.
I'm a Scorpio, and those scales of balance land squarely with those Librans before us, not us intense little beans. We're those all or nothing types, either climbing mountains on a major fitness spree or comatose on the couch.

I want my own balance, I want to live by my own clock and knowing.

And dammit, I want my art back. I want my Leonie back. I want that girl back who was happiest with her journal and her own thoughts. I want my sense of peace back, listening to the wind, drinking in her lover, playing with her dog, making magic with her pen.

So here is to my studio,
to my sacred time,
to my inside time.

There is a whole world in here waiting to be discovered.



***

One day left to vote for the Cheese Awards!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear, dear Leonie, I am feeling SOOOO much the same way these days. By focusing so much on the world outside, I have missed all the colored pens in my journal, the thoughts, the questions, the movement of pen and spirit in inner unity. I am planning to take some time between now and new year's day to do a lot of quiet work, in my study, in my journal, in my heart. Gonna do another Mondo Beyondo list, write out some goals and dreams for the new year, and look back on '06. Here's to pen, brush, marker, and paper, to art, writing, and rediscovering ourselves. Thank you for reminding us of where we so need to focus: on heart, mind, and soul. Peace, Gail

Alessandra Cave said...

Dear Leonie, I'm also craving studio time! I need to just stay really quiet in the midst of all my colors to rediscover my own breath and heart beat. Thanks for the reminder!

::Bek Geach:: said...

I so agree with you sweets.
Its great to get back into your own space, your own skin, your own thoughts and passions.
Heres to you !
Bx

Julia said...

thank you for reminding me too...Im aware also that too much of my time is spent thinking of others, doing too much stuff that isnt necessary and wrapping myself in distractions.

Bless you.

SifaSeven said...

(((((Leonie)))))

Thank you for reminding me to treasure the quiet time...esp. with the chaos of the Christmas season...

Love,
Annie

kelly rae said...

me, too. me, too. i hear you. i really do.

Anonymous said...

Oh lovely leonie.
:D
I love you!!!

I also need some studio time - to create beautiful cards.
May we all create the studio time we need . . . .
XOXOXOX
Tan

Laini Taylor said...

Hi Leonie! Yes, it's so important to make that creative time a priority, as important as a job, as sleep, as friend-time or husband-time or kid-time. And I find that it IS habit forming, the more days in a row you carve out your space, the more naturally you find your way to it, day after day.