Monday, November 06, 2006

be open to the universe

On my to-do-list today,
I write
"Be open to the universe."

I am photographing my old mentor in a garden,
and she exclaims:

LOOK! The sun is shining in the shape of a cross!



And so it is.

Later, I find myself in the oldest church here.
I whisper into the soothing darkness
and hold my breath under the light of the coloured windows.

The cross is there, at the front.

North, East, South, West.
The four directions.
Fire, Water, Earth, Wind.
The medicine wheel.
A sacred sign.

I'm on the right track.



I believe in divinity, and I believe in me.

6 comments:

nina beana said...

what an inspiring post- and the pics to prove it! aaah, you really are magical.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous.
I love it when we are given signs like that.
Let us know we are where we need to be... we are on the right path.
Its wonderful.
As are you!
Bx

Darlene said...

Yes! I believe too :)

and I believe in YOU love,

xoxo darlene

Shell said...

The most perfect post for me today - it's amazing how somebody elses words can shift our focus from loathing the mundane to appreciating that even within the mundane there is divinity. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Leonie

Glitterboy and I read your blog together today. We wanted to say THANK YOU for doing what you do and posting about it so people like us can read it and smile to ourselves about life.

You are lovely!

LeMissa and her Glitterboy

GailNHB said...

May you always seek the way that is right. May you always see the signs that point you in the way you should go. And may you always have the courage to follow the way, even when it leads you in a direction you did not expect to go. Wishing you joy for the journey, Gail