Saturday, October 14, 2006

Children lessons



Who am I when the lifestyle has been stripped away?
Who am I
without my lover
without my job
without the net
and the books and
the website and
the name?
Who am I without my community?
Who am I without the doing?
Who am I just with BE*ing?

Children take you right out of that ~
they make no assumptions,
they care not who I am,
but HOW I play.

They are Pleasure Kings and Queens.
While I made overcalculated doodles with chalk on the sidewalk,
a blue eyed buddha child rolled chalk between his fingers, over and over again, grinning wildly at the texture and the feeling.
While I constructed a sandcastle, another explored the sand by pouring it through their hands onto their feet, revelling in the sensation.
I tried it. It felt good.

And even now,
as I write this, I am pulled away by eager children.
We are going to paint in the grass,
and children wait for no writing.

~ journalled a couple of weeks ago

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Mmmmmmmm a world without children would be a sad one indeed...

they remind us of 'who' we really are!

loving snugglygoodness to you :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx d

SonyaMadden said...

Beautiful....just beautiful...i love how much u are always open to learning...even when it is from a small innocent child...LOVE IT!

xoxo

Ash said...

Beautiful and profound....

Shell said...

It's true! Children are great levellers don't you think? They approach everyone in the same manner, are refreshingly honest (sometimes brutally so!) and have the innocence to be able to get away with it.

What a great journal entry - your outlook on life is so beautiful and inspiring.

PS. I just realised that you have been sending emails in response to my comments and I didn't know that as my email had them in a spam folder which I discovered on the weekend. So sorry, I wasn't being rude by not responding, I just didn't know they were there! I tell you what though when I found them they provided infinite smiles - your words have a way of warming the heart.