Monday, April 23, 2007

the most beautiful place for morning pages



Aside from:
right here
right now
The best place for morning pages
was dried pears
and a diverted adventure
up the long winding road
to Cedar Creek Falls.

I didn't know I had to go there
until I went.

I sat with my feet in the water for hours there,
writing,
talking to the fairies,
taking photographs.

Afterwards I clamber up the mountain to the top of the falls,
blessing myself again and again in the water
like I was being baptised again.



"The time for the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves! Banish the word struggle from you attitude and your vocabulary. All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.

We are the ones we've been waiting for."
~ Hopi Elder

I am always good enough,
Leonie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bizarro...I haven't visited your blog in ages, because I knew you were on "hiatus".
Something in this morning's sunshine led me over, after I finished my morning pages.
And....a post!! Freshly written!
Beautiful Leonie...I am envious of your bare feet being so close to that gorgeous waterfall.

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

...*sigh*...so beautiful! and yes, you are always good enough!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me so much. Thank you.
-penelope

(www.penelopeillustration.com)

nina beana said...

you get me every time.

there's just something about the water...i was doing the same thing this weekend, just being so thankful for being me.

we are continents away, but still so much the same.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i want to put my feet in that cool water and talk to the fairies...

you are your wise, true words. thank you for sharing these words so that i would read them now. in this moment they are what i need.

blessings to you,
liz

Mindy said...

thank you for sharing this quiet moment. it put a smile on my face :) xo, mindy