Monday, November 28, 2005

my first day at work as an artist...


finally... the long awaited day...

my first {of many to come} Monday at home as an artist.

on sunday night i had butterflies and nervous energy... it's the big one ya know - stepping into the job of your dreams. i fretted over what i would do, how i would fill my time, what if i got artist's block. i even giggled with chris that i worried what my boss (i.e. me) would be like... would she let me take lunch breaks?

the morning arrives.
i wake early. eat a cheese roll and scrummy new yogurt for breakfast.
do some tai chi for 20 minutes.
finish up some digital illustrations.
smudge my studio to free up the energy {it worked a treat}.
meditated in front of my SEED altar {thank you SEED HANDBOOK}
lit some candles, burnt some wildflower essential oil
and got to "work"... referencing my lil book of doodles, i began two mermaid paintings... and finished up Goddess of the Garden.
at lunch i cycled up to the post office to send off some client pieces,
and felt like a *hero*

my first day as an artist.
it was simple and balanced and good.

i know there is so much more to come on this journey...
but i have begun.
i will rejoice in that for a while... i have BEGUN.
no matter what the fears or the what ifs -
they are incomparable to the what if i hadn't leapt.


love,
leaping leonie


"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."
~ Henry Van Dyke





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go, leonie!

-lilmizsockmonkey

Phoenix Light said...

Oh, I so love coming here...to be inspired, uplifted, to get in touch wwith my heart. I just adore your work Leonie and I am so very grateful that I have discovered this beautiful visiting place you have created. Love you to the moon and back, Leigh

LMB said...

Sweet Mountaingirl, you are such an inspiration. With my new job I get a half day off during the week...I might make that my writing time - or art/writing time. Given I don't do art that much, I'm curious if I could add that in. I am SO proud of you. I am just in love with your boss. ;)

Anonymous said...

ah, another mermaid girl! :-)

i love the energy i've found on your blog here. thank you for stopping by mine. i will be linking to you, so i can stop in again and see your lovely art.

how nice to be your own boss!